Alice on Wednesday(水曜日のアリス)

by - 11/16/2014

I first heard about Alice on Wednesday on Rocketnews24 and was immediately won over by it's charm. A Red Queen room and a White Queen Room? How fun! I started following the shop on Facebook, and they often posted pictures of their items for sale. I noticed that none of them really exceeded $20.00, and in fact some even fell well below that price. I knew that I had to go to their Osaka store, which opened in May 2014. 

I scoped out the location on Google Maps (it's in Ame-mura) and made sure I knew how to get there. I did, however, make the mistake of going on a Saturday. This is the sight that greeted me when I got there: 


I guess because the store is so small, only a small amount of people could be in there at one time. There was a security guard there to usher people in. I didn't want to stand in that line, so I left and went to the Mandarake across the street feeling particularly grim. The weather was gloomy and it was raining, and it just mirrored my mood. I vowed to go back on a weekday, and when I did, I was greeted with this sight:


No lines! Hooray! I went in without any problems, but it was indeed crowded.



I tried to get my best picture of the store. what you see is a very long room, and a long table. I think it's meant to look a bit like a banquet spread, with candelabras and silver platters holding the items. On the walls on either side of the table were shelves that had goods such as bags and wallets and card holders. 

The store itself was very, very small. It looked large because there was a big mirror at the end of the room. In the White Queen Room, there were various edible goods such as cookies, candies and drinks that were Alice in Wonderland themed. There was ramune labeled "drink me" and cookies labeled "eat me!" It was all so cute. But again, that room was very small. The cash register was also located in that room. 

I did find many, many cute things there, though! When they posted these on their Facebook, I knew I had to have them. These crown necklaces are HUGE, and hefty, and only cost $12.00 each. 


I also got five pairs of earrings which featured roses, tea pots, and hearts. I particularly like the little pearls with the bow on top! I think these earrings cost somewhere between $7.00 and $8.00 a piece. 


Overall I really enjoyed this shop and would definitely go back again! Their items are all ridiculously cute, and the store is extremely creative and attractive. I wish I had a house that looked like that! Definitely stop by here if you are ever in the area. 

Alice on Wednesday (Nagoya)
Location: Nagoya-shi, Osu Naka-ku, 2 Chome-20-25
Telephone: 052-684-6064
Hours: 10:00-20:00P
Holidays: None (double check during the New Year’s holiday)

Alice on Wednesday (Osaka)
Opening Day: May 23rd (Friday)
Address: Osaka, Chuoku, Nishi Shinsaibashi 2-12-25, Asahi Plaza Shinsaibashi 1F
Telephone: 06-6211-6506
Hours: Weekdays: 11:00am-7:30pm Weekends and Holidays: 10:00am-7:30pm
Holidays: None (double check during the New Year’s holiday)

You May Also Like

0 comments

Pssst...if you like spooky stories, check out my other website, Weird Hawaii!
//]]>