Japan 2014: Osaka Nightlife

by - 11/23/2014

Kevin and I prepared for our night out after resting in the hotel for a bit and taking it easy for the day. We kicked it off with okonomiyaki in Dotonbori and then started bar hopping.



Glico man was being refurbished or something :(  
Then we started to get not so sober.



So this place in the picture above. Note that there are pretty chubby girls on the ad. This is a hostess club, which isn't unusual in the least. what I found interesting about it is that there are large girls that work here, for guys that have fetishes for them. Instead of purchasing alcohol like a normal hostess club, you purchase food. Yep.

Aaaanyway. We went to three different bars until we ultimately ended up at a bar of a friend, and spent the night singing karaoke and drinking. I finally got to sing some Japanese songs I was dying to sing. On our way there though, I guess there was a baseball game and the Hanshin Tigers won. The police took some ridiculous precautions to keep people from jumping into the river and being overall belligerent. 

Lines of police busses(?) and barricades to prevent crazy Hanshin Tigers fans from doing stupid things.

People were (attempting) to jump into the (gross) river. 

Last time, Kevin ended up taking my drunk ass home. This time, I had to take care of him. By 4:00 a.m. he had passed out, and then threw up in the bathroom. We said goodbye and headed down, but as we were walking, I realized that I had no idea where we were going. So I said to myself, "Nope. Totally lost," and went back to the bar. Only thing is, I didn't know which one it was. I knew it was on the fifth floor, but didn't know exactly which one it was. I started from the back and got it right on the third try. I told them I needed an adult (lol) and one of my friends grabbed my drunk ass by the hand and led me and Kevin to a cab, where he opened the door, rattled things off in Japanese, and threw us in. It was a two minute cab ride (which cost $7.00) and we were back safely at the hotel. 

If Kevin hadn't gotten sick, I'm sure we would have been out until 7:00 a.m. I always have so much fun in Osaka! 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Pssst...if you like spooky stories, check out my other website, Weird Hawaii!
//]]>