Japan 2014 Day 5: Shinkansen and Tokyo

by - 12/26/2014

It was time to depart Osaka and head off to Tokyo. It was around 3:00 p.m. by the time we left (late because I went to do my nails, I'll post about that later), a lot later than the last time we used the shinkansen. We made it over there with time to spare, so we picked up some bentos for the ride and waited. 


I ate one of these in the meantime, which was pretty tasty. As I was eating it, though, there was a big group of Europeans that were just staring at me. Like, they seriously had a staring problem. I don't know what was up with them, so we moved where they couldn't see us. Weirdos. 



I didn't get one of these special bento the last time I rode the Shinkansen, so I was excited to have one this time. They were pretty big, and they only cost like $6.00!


Kevin's bento
 Once we arrived in Tokyo, it was around 6:00 p.m. We checked into the hotel and went downstairs to find something to eat. We settled on this place called Tsubame Grille, which had some tasty food.

Bacon wrapped filet mignon
Cabbage rolls in a broth
Hamburger steak in demi glace 
 After dinner, we went next door to a waffle stand. I got a chesnut cream waffle, and Kevin got a sweet potato cream waffle. Tasty, but I would have liked the waffle to be crispy slightly.


The view from the room wasn't anything like the view we had the last time, but we did get to look down on Shibuya. The room itself was really small, smaller than Swissotel. It was a bit drab, but it served its purpose. Next time, though, we will definitely splurge on the last hotel we stayed at. 



This hotel, though, did have a really awesome elevator with a glass window. It was slightly terrifying, even for someone who isn't afraid of heights (like me).


But it was exhilarating!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Pssst...if you like spooky stories, check out my other website, Weird Hawaii!
//]]>