This Weeks Nails: The Peacock Technique (Fail)

by - 5/06/2015

I wanted to try a technique that I've been seeing often, but I had no idea what it was called. Recently I found a tutorial video by Nailist TV calling it a "peacock" technique:

 

So, I figured I could replicate this with regular nail polish if I used thick enough coats. Mmm...that didn't work out too well. 


The picture on the left is my inspiration, the picture on the right is my attempt. 



I'm on the fence about if I like this or not. It didn't blend very smoothly at all. I had to go over areas with pink and blue polish, and accented it with gold. It doesn't look like the peacock effect at all in the video, but I don't think it looks that bad. I just don't know what I would call it. It almost looks water color-ish? I don't know I'm just grabbing at strings at this point. Let me know what you think!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Pssst...if you like spooky stories, check out my other website, Weird Hawaii!
//]]>