Gudetama Haul!

by - 6/12/2015

So, I love Gudetama. I don't know why, but I do. I think he is the funniest thing ever. Basically, he's an egg who hates his life. He lives to be eaten, and he knows that, which is why he always has a look of despair on his face and is completely unmotivated. Sanrio (this is a Sanrio character, does that make any sense?) has a small blurb about Gudetama on their website: "Eggs are yummy...boiled, baked or raw. There are many ways to make an egg, but eggs are so lazy (gude gude in Japanese). Look closely and you will see the eggs that you eat lack spunk." If you watch a Gudetama cartoon, you might understand why I think he's so funny: 


I've never seen any Gudetama things in Hawaii, let alone Kauai, so I knew I had to stock up in Japan. First attempt was this pillow in a UFO catcher, which did not go well. 


He seemed to be pretty popular, and even had a snack at Donki!


I saw this phone case and really wanted it, but decided against it because it was not practical at all, even though it was really awesome. 


I got this out of a gachapon machine, which is basically a futon for your cell phone! It's really ridiculous but I love it. I think there were five patterns. 


I found this bento box at Donki. I was sad it didn't have a matching lunch bag, but I found a tote bag later that fits perfectly (not pictured). 


Got some stickers for my Hydroflask (look at his butt!!)


And got two "normal" cell phone cases. There was also one that was in the shape of a toast, and had Gudetama on it. I only saw it once, and I regret not buying it!


Got a notebook and a lanyard thingie for work. 


And this amazing thing, my friends, is a mousepad with wrist rest! I'll admit, it's not something that I would seek out on my own, but I saw it in a UFO catcher and thought that it would be perfect for my cubicle, since all I have is an old, dirty, dinky Dell mouse pad. I attempted to get it once and failed, and then Kevin tried...and got it on the very first try! 


Not sure if you can tell, but there is a bullseye, and you have to get this rod through the hole, and push down the mousepad that is laying on these rods. It was amazing. 


I was so excited that I couldn't even make words, I just bounced around like a crazy person. Kevin called this his biggest dog s**t moment in his history of gaming...and I think for good reason. lol

You May Also Like

0 comments

Pssst...if you like spooky stories, check out my other website, Weird Hawaii!
//]]>