Osaka Day 7: Doguyasuji

by - 9/04/2015

Doguyasuji is conveniently located literally right next to my hotel. It's a place that caters to kitchens and restaurants, because you can buy things like appliances, pots and pans, and things for your restaurant like those curtains in the doorways, and even fake food! My goal was to get a really good knife for myself, and a fake shave ice for my friends who own a shave ice truck. 

$20 for those curtains. Not bad.
Takoyaki cookers and knives
Lanters for outside your restaurant
Utensils
Check out this store. There were a couple like it. I didn't dare go in because I knew I would break something for sure. 


Look at that price. 
Special left handed knives!


Vintage shave ice machines
I ended up buying a knife from a store called Sakai Ichimonji Mitsuhide. The woman that helped us spoke good English (albeit with a heavy accent), explained the difference between Western and Japanese knives, and even explained how to use a whetstone. She was very helpful!


Also got a whet stone: 


This knife cuts like buttah. But I have to be very careful when I use it and make sure I wash it pretty much immediately after use, especially after cutting acidic things, since my blade is made out of carbon steel. I got the whetstone, but I have no idea how to use it. I guess I'll sharpen a crap knife first. lol

You May Also Like

0 comments

Pssst...if you like spooky stories, check out my other website, Weird Hawaii!
//]]>