This Weeks Nails: Halloween Nails Round Two!

by - 10/26/2015

There's an interesting story involving these nails. I posted them to my Instagram, as I usually do, without any watermark because I mean, It's just a nail picture, right? Well the next day I'm looking at the #halloweennails hashtag, and 'lo and behold, I see my picture. But It's not on my account. I scroll down a bit, and see my picture there, on my account. Someone had taken my picture and had the nerve to post it on their account as if it was their design! 

So I commented on the picture and said, "It would have been nice if you tagged me in my own picture." Not too long after that, they deleted my comment and blocked me. Now, It's one thing to repost a picture of something that you like. That is fine. But to take a picture and pretend that it's yours is NOT cool. And then to ignore me, and block me? I wasn't having any of that. 

Did you know that you can file a copyright infringement report through Instagram? You just fill out a form, it's easy. The only thing I don't like about this process, though, is that your name and email address is provided to the person you are filing the complaint against. I guess it's a, "you have a right to know your accuser" kind of a thing, but still, I can see that turning out to be dangerous in some cases. 


In any case, it's not like my Instagram profile is private, and I'm not an anonymous person. So I went ahead and filed the complaint, and within 24 hours the picture had been removed. Not long after that, the user switched her profile to private. All that tells me is that she's probably going to continue stealing other people's pictures and doesn't want to be caught so easily. 

It's not like this was a user with a lot of followers (slightly over 200), but it's the principle of the thing. I know that stealing pictures happens all the time on the internet, and I usually watermark my pictures, but I didn't think I would have to end up watermarking my nail pictures! I guess in a sense I should be flattered that someone liked my design enough to steal it. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

Anyway,  here's the design. It took about 3.5 hours to do, and I don't plan on doing this again for a long, long time. I was excited to use these gold Halloween nail decals I got from Born Pretty Store. They were very easy to use, and came out looking great! I paired them with some black cat stickers that I got from a friend. 


I'm not sure if there's going to be another round of Halloween nails. These took so damn long, I might just keep them until Halloween is over! 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Pssst...if you like spooky stories, check out my other website, Weird Hawaii!
//]]>