The Face Shop Kakao Friends Mono Pop Eyes 02 Lovely Apeach

by - 10/03/2016


This palette from The Face Shop is pretty dang adorable. Peach is trending right now, and I personally really liked the colors of this palette. I also liked that all the colors were shimmery, save for the lightest color. 

I've never heard of Kakao Friends, but evidently they're like the Line Characters of Korea for the Korean messaging app KakaoTalk. They teamed up with The Face Shop for some limited edition items that include skincare and makeup. Even though I'm not familiar with the characters, I thought they were cute, and I spotted this eye shadow palette. It features a character called Apeach, so fittingly the colors in here are peach themed. I think I paid somewhere between $13.00 and $15.00 from The Face Shop store at Kahala Mall. 


It came in a sleeve, but I somehow forgot to take a picture of it. 


Inside there is a film that protects the shadows that feature the other characters, with their backs facing you. Apeach is facing forward, I guess signifying that this is her palette. 


The colors are pretty. There are deep browns, golds, a plum, and some rosy shades. I'm not really sure you could actually call any of these shades peach, though. I'd say the closest thing to peach is the third color from the left. 

Finger swatches
As you can see, the swatches look kind of patchy. I think it's because that was just the very top layer of the shadows. Maybe if I were to swatch it again, it would look a little bit smoother. The colors aren't terribly pigmented, and they weren't that easy to blend. I managed to get one look done. 

I wasn't in love with this product, but I ain't no quitter, so I tried it again.


I really dug into the shadows this time, kind of rubbing off that top layer. This time around, I managed to get it to blend better. I softened up the look with brown liner and mascara, but there was now a new problem. The glittery pigment just got everywhere! I feel like it was everywhere but on my eyelid. I was ready to write off this palette at this point, but since I'm a glutton for punishment, I tried it again. 


I don't know if it was just my skin or I was having a really off day, but I felt like the colors really washed out my skin. 


I went for a Korean ulzzang look, but I don't think this is a look for me. At least, gradient lips are not for me. Maybe that's why I look slightly corpse-ish. Or maybe it's the shadows. I really don't know. But now, I've finally given up on this palette. The colors are pretty, but they aren't my favorite, and I think they wash me out. The pigment doesn't blend as well and it doesn't build that easily, and the glitter pigment gets everrryyyywherrreeee. So, I think I will skip cosmetic products from The Face Shop and just stick with their skincare. 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. do you still have the palette. If so, would you be interested in selling it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I gifted this palette to a friend! Sorry!

      Delete

Pssst...if you like spooky stories, check out my other website, Weird Hawaii!
//]]>