Kira Kira Crate Review

by - 5/18/2017

I've been looking for a subscription box that has Japanese or asian makeup items, and I thought Kira Kira Crate might satisfy my craving since it does include Japanese cosmetics. All of the items are from Japan, in fact, which is a nice departure from the Korean cosmetics and skincare that I'm used to. It's not that I've been getting bored with Beauteque, I just wanted to try something different, and I missed getting Japanese cosmetics. 



Kira Kira Crate is a part of Japan Crate, which offers all kinds of monthly subscription boxes such as snacks, beauty, and various kawaii things. Kira Kira Crate is the beauty subscription box, which costs $29.00 a month. A little bit on the pricier side, but not by much. It includes six to eight full-sized products from four different categories: Daily care, cosmetics, pamper, and bath and spa. Shipping does take a little while since the box ships directly from Japan, and there is no tracking provided, which is a little annoying. I screwed up and can't tell you how long it took to get to me from the time I ordered it until the time I received it, but I want to say it took at least three weeks. This includes waiting for it to ship from the time I purchased it, and then waiting for it to get to me. The shipping itself took at least a week and a half. 



The box itself is cute, in a nice turquoise greenish color with pretty designs. 




The guide that comes with the box is pretty impressive. It's actually a little booklet with detailed pictures and descriptions of each product you received. There's even photos from other subscribers in a little feature section. The only thing it doesn't tell you is the value of each item, which I do like to know. 

Shisedo Super Mild Shampoo & Conditioner 


I'm pretty excited to get some Shisedo hair products, but I'm bummed that they are travel sized and not full sized. I do like the little plastic case they come in, though. I'll be taking it on my next trip for sure. 

Fuwa Marsh Eyebrow Powder: 03 Angel Baby


Ah, eyebrow powders. Japanese powders never seem to match my hair color as they tend to be on the lighter side. But, I think I might be able to use this one, albeit only a couple of shades. The guide says that this palette is made specifically for the perfect gradient brows, and also comes with three different eyebrow stencil shapes! 

Jewelry Scrub: Sapphire 


I've never gotten a body scrub before in any of my subscription boxes, so this is kind of nice. This scrub contains sapphire powder to exfoliate your skin. I feel like that's kind of...unnecessary? Is that just me?

Disney Minnie Mouse Nail Decals 


I think it's really refreshing to see nail products in a box that aren't just polishes. I'm not a huge fan of nail decals, but I appreciate them. I can see someone wanting to use this for their day at Disneyland. 

Hello Kitty Face Mask: Cherry Blossom 


I was pretty stoked to get a bag that contained eight sheet masks! This particular one has a light cherry blossom fragrance, and contain collagen and hyaluronic acid. 

Light Liebe Milk Bath Salts: Mango 


I don't have much to say about the bath salts. I can't use it, since I don't have a bath tub, so I'll probably give it to a girlfriend who can enjoy it. 

Now, the honest truth...I haven't used anything from this box. I know, I know. I usually like to try out the products before I blog about them so I can at least tell you an opinion, but...nothing really interested me out of this box. I'm sure the products are good, but I was feeling pretty meh about all of them. I think if I try any of it, it will be the eyebrow palette, and I will keep the Shisedo shampoo for the next time I go on a trip. As for the rest, well...meh. Do I think this box is worth $29.00 a month? I think you get a lot for the value. But as for me personally, it's not what I was looking for. If anyone knows of a subscription box that just gives you asian makeup, please let me know! 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Pssst...if you like spooky stories, check out my other website, Weird Hawaii!
//]]>